Sharing my love of Stampin' Up products through workshops, classes and sales


Tel: 0781 4451627 Email: alliejolliffe@hotmail.com




Monday 20 August 2012

My first ever shoebox swap!

On Saturday I attended my first ever shoebox swap, organised by my Stampin' Up mummy, Julie Kettlewell, and attended by 18 members of our team, Julie's Jems.  Each person had to design a project and put everything to make it into a box.  We were spilt into two tables of 9 and our boxes were passed around our table, so we each got to make 8 other projects!  How cool is that? It was such a great fun and inspiring event, I can't wait for the next one.

I'd like to share with you the project I designed for the swap, which includes an exciting sneak peek!.  It's a very simple card, but, wait for it - it uses ALL THE NEW IN COLOURS!!!!  One of the perks of being a demo is that we get our hands on the new goodies before everyone else!  Not only are these brand new colours, available from 1 October, but they are also a new style firm foam ink pad, and they are AMAZING!   Get saving, because you are going to want to get them.  You won't believe the quality of image you get with the new pads!  Here's my card, using the Aviary stamp set.


I love the cute little owl, and doesn't he look amazing in Midnight Muse, Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit and Primrose Petals!  It might not show on the photo, but I've made decorative scorelines on either side of the stamped panel using my Simply Scored tool.  An on trend banner for the sentiment completes this simple but cute card.  I hope you like it!  I did provide sparkly gems just in case my fellow Jems wanted to bling it up a little, although I stuck with the clean and simple design which seems to be my style :)  Hope you like my make and I'll try to post some of the other girls' projects soon, but obviously I  don't want to do that until they've posted them on their own blogs!

Back tomorrow with another project using the Reason to Smile stamp set, which is FREE this month with a £60 order!

If you'd like to order any of the supplies I use, I'd be happy to help. Please contact me on 0781 4451627 or 01625 470886, or email me at alliejolliffe@hotmail.com.  The new seasonal mini catalogue goes live on 1 September, and if you'd like a copy, please let me know.  It's chock full of gorgeous new products for Autumn, Halloween, Christmas and beyond!

Until tomorrow, jolly crafting!

Allie xx

Supplies (all Stampin' Up):

Cardstock:  Crumb cake, whisper white
Ink: Crumb cake, midnight muse, raspberry ripple, gumball green, summer starfruit, primrose petals.
Stamps:  Aviary, Petite Pairs
Tools: Scallop border punch, Simply Scored

2 comments:

Alison xx said...

Pretty card, the new In Colours look fab, can't wait to receive mine. A xx

Kate M said...

Thanks for treating us to the fab new In Colours stash for our shoe-box swap on Saturday. Loved the card!
Kate
xx