Sharing my love of Stampin' Up products through workshops, classes and sales


Tel: 0781 4451627 Email: alliejolliffe@hotmail.com




Thursday 5 January 2012

More cake :)

Welcome to day two of my Spice Cake DSP projects! Today's card again showcases the papers and matching big buttons, but with a totally different look.


The brown button backed with a more mustard scalloped circle reminded me of a sunflower, so that's what I've made!  I used a circle punch for the leaves and threaded the button with a thin sliver of cardstock.

The base of the card was inspired by the shape of the sentiment, a fab new hostess set.  I traced the shape I wanted freehand and then cut it with my paper snips in the green stripe paper, but it looked a bit bare, so I added layers in two more of the papers.


I finished the inside of the card with a piece of very vanilla cardstock, a strip of co-ordinating DSP and another stamp from the birthday set.



I hope you like today's card...it's a very different style for me.  Back tomorrow with something a bit romantic ;)

Allie



Supplies Used: (All Stampin Up! Unless Otherwise Stated)
1. Card – Soft suede, very vanilla, more mustard
2. Papers – Spice Cake
3. Stamps – Happiest Birthday Wishes
4. Embellishments – Spice Cake Designer Button
5. Tools – 1 3/4 Circle punch, scallop circle punch
6. Mediums – soft suede classic ink

1 comment:

Vicky Hayes said...

What a great way to showcase these gorgeous papers Allie and I love your flower! Thank you for your lovely comment today! Vicky x